The Purbeck WALX festival team are busy planning new walks and workshops for 2022 but you can rest assured that all of the most popular iconic favourites will be back and where possible made available on each of the 3 days to give everybody a chance to experience the best
- HATTIE BROWNS BREWERY TOUR WALK – Lovely walk with a stop at a rustic artisan brewery where Jean the brewer explains how its done
- ATHELHAMPTON HOUSE – TUDOR MANOR – a stunning walk and visit to House and Gardens of this unspoilt Tudor Gem (most popular walk in 21)
- SUNSET at HEAVENS GATE – The best views in Purbeck – sea on a 3 sides and views to the Isle of Portland
- OLD HARRY ROCKS – Featured on Britain’s best walk on ITV – stunning clifftop walks overlooking these iconic white pillars and the Isle of Wight
- THE AMAZING AGGLESTONE – This vast anvil shaped stone sits on wild moorland and myths abound as to why and how it came to be there
- STUDLAND BAY – DUNESCAPES – This long and wild beach is one of the finest in the UK – we explore the beach woods and dunes and learn about the vital work needed to protect them
- JURASSIC GEOLOGY WALKS – Our expert will explain why this coastline is so unique and if the tides is low we will see fossils too
- WILDLIFE WALKS at ARNE RSPB reserve – This wild coastal and moorland reserve has a mix of habitats and we know the best places to see the Deer, rare birds such as the Dartford Warbler and even the Osprey
- YOGA, TAI CHI, FOREST BATHING and MINDFUL walks – we have a range of gentle walks with asanas,
- TRANQUILITY and WELLBEING at the stunning BLUE pool a local beauty spot
- WAREHAM WALLS and WATERWAYS – Wareham is a Saxon walled town famous for Alfred the Great and a host of history and legends. It sits on two Rivers and was a busy port linked to Poole harbour.
- GRANGE ARCH SPECTACULAR – A true Festival favourite – a walk along the spine of Purbeck with the best views through a folly arch.
- WAREHAM FOREST – WILDLIFE and HILLFORTS – This huge unspoilt Forest is a tranquil haven with some amazing vistas
- FORAGING WALKs and HEDGEROW TEAS – Our experts will help you uncover the delights of the Autumn hedgerow
- PURBECK STONE and DINOSAUR FOOTPRINTS – Purbeck stone is famous and the quarries have shaped the area – this walk tells the story of our stone heritage and you will see the footprints uncovered by a local quarryman
- ALPACA WALKING EXPERIENCE – The most relaxing and profound experience – Alpacas are calm and gentle – they love to walk with people and will determine the pace and the direction – bliss!
- PAELLA ON THE BEACH WALK – one of our annual favourites – a stunning evening walk followed by Paella at a Beach shack!
- WINSPIT and the CHAPMANS POOL – Caves, quarries, Giant fossils, a 12th century chapel and a lot of stone steps on this famous stretch of the South West coast path
- LULWORTH COVE and THE DURDLE DOOR – One of England’s most perfect shell like coves with the most photographed sea cliff Arch ever!
- SMUGGLERS WALK at RINGSTEAD BAY – Myths. legends and a steep smugglers path will have you oooo aaarhing me hearties for sure
- CORFE CASTLE HISTORY WALKS – Our experts will immerse you in the History of this amazing Castle and Village
- PROMENADE and PROSECCO – Fun walk on the beachfront with a Prosecco in a beach cabin
- VICTORIAN SWANAGE – HISTORY TOUR – A fun tour that follows the development of Swanage form a swampy quarry port to a Victorian Favourite
- CIDER TASTING WALK – Stunning walk with a stop in a Cider Orchard for a quick tasting!
- CREAM TEA WALKS – WE have a few of these for all levels with stops in the best Cream Tea cake shops in Dorset
- RIDGE WALK with a stop at a PIZZA POP UP (New for 22)
- WALK and RIDE STEAM RAILWAY WALKS _ a long and short walk that involves a ride back on the iconic SWANAGE STEAM RAILWAY
For more info on each walk – click the old festival website page HERE but please do not try to book or register that way!
For an idea of the timetable we are creating – check out the 2021 Event here (click at the top for the days and location map)